From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: How to tell how many accounts you have licensed?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 13:49:50 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Sep 17, 2008, at 5:43 AM, Fred Zwarts wrote:

"Karl Zander" <cgplist@commpartners.com> wrote in message news:list-47833708@mail.stalker.com...
On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 11:55:53 -0400
Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com> wrote:

My point being:

1.) Customers expect that the software will be able to tell them
both  the number of users for which they are licensed, and when their
license will expire.

I am not aware the license expires.

You may not be able to upgrade to newer versions if your license keys
are not current.  Or you may not be able to add some features if the
keys are not current.  But I am not aware the license keys will
expire; I thought you can continue using the version supported by your
keys.

This is true for the license of CGP itself, but not for the licenses of the plugins.

Good info. More specifically:

1.) The license to use the software is perpetual. It **DOES NOT** expire.
2.) The software upgrade portion of the license does indeed expire. After your software update license expires, you will not be able to run a version newer than the current version as of the expiration date.