From: Herbert Fischer <Herbert.Fischer@locaweb.com.br>
Subject: Your experiences - MBOX vs MDIR
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 11:36:47 -0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

Hi,

Despite all the facts and discussions we do about this two formats I would like to know more about your experiences on using both of this formats in CGP, including the file system used in any case. I know each one have advantages and disadvantages but most of the perceptions we only have in production environments.

I work in a ISP and host more than 1.5 million mailboxes and have all types of users using maildir format and some opensource adapted software.

We decided to go MBOX in CGP to reduce I/O on storages but we have raised some speculations on copy-on-write method used by ZFS, the choosen FS in this project.

Best regards,

Herbert G. Fischer

Subgerente de Arquitetura de E-mail

Locaweb – Keep IT Simple.
Eleita pela INFO Exame e pelo IDG Brasil
a melhor empresa em webhosting do país.

Geral: +55 11 3544-0444 R568