From: Fred Zwarts <F.Zwarts@KVI.nl>
Subject: Re: Your experiences - MBOX vs MDIR
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:26:36 +0200
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
"Nicolas Hatier" <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com> wrote in message news:list-48022361@mail.stalker.com...
> In my opinion, since indexing have been implemented for the mbox format
> in CGP, the only valid reason to use mdir is for easier differential
>backups.

Not only differential backups. Also restore operations.
With MDIR it is very easy to restore one single E-mail message from backup.
With MBOX one can restore a folder, but it deletes all newer messages in the folder.
For us the ease of manipulating single messages directly by the OS,
outweighs the small difference in speed by far.