From: Justin McAleer <justin@neonova.net>
Subject: Re: Your experiences - MBOX vs MDIR
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:26:27 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Wayne Gamble wrote:
"I don't personally recommend Mdir, it adds IO overhead to Filesystems, space overhead and the very nasty possibility of breaking the account when crossing the 32768 files on the the same folder..."

FWIW, we have accounts with more than 175,000 files per folder (mdir on Leopard 10.5.5/ HFS+).  No problems so far, other than a 30 second or so delay when opening the folder.

I, at least, would consider that a problem.

--
Justin McAleer
Director of Development