From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: Relaying for a domain
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:23:20 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Sep 26, 2008, at 3:20 AM, Graeme Fowler wrote:

On Thu, 2008-09-25 at 23:18 -0400, Tom Rymes wrote:
How would I go about doing that?

...heh. You could also configure the SMTP server to punt all mail via a
specific host:

Settings / Mail / SMTP / Sending

Change "Send Directly to Recipients" to "Forward to" the remote server.

I think this is probably the easiest way and is the way we punt all mail
out of our cluster into our mail routing platform.

Graeme

Graeme,

Thanks for the info. I was planning on using exactly that setting to force my personal server to send all outgoing mail to the second server.  I was wondering what I need to do to allow my second server to accept those messages and relay them without allowing anyone else to do so.

So, it seems that if you send all mail using one account on the second server using AUTH, it will relay using the original address, so no worries.