From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: Further my previous message...Re: CGP 5.0.14 Intel is _really_ Intel?
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:15:27 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

On Sep 30, 2008, at 1:50 PM, Mario Jorge Passos wrote:

Like on a cartoon, a lamp lighted over my head.

I connected ftp.communigate.com, fetched CGatePro-Darwin-Intel-5013.tgz and installed it on my machine.

And, ta-da!!

file *
CGServer:     Mach-O executable i386
[snip]
Went back to ftp.communigate.com and downloaded CGatePro-Darwin-Intel-5014.tgz

Removed (rm -rf) the 5.0.13 version, installed the 5.0.14 and...

file *
CGServer:     Mach-O executable ppc
[snip]
Hello folks at CommuniGate, I suggest you fix your mistake, before someone sues you. ;-)

regards,

Mario Jorge Passos.

Although it is possible that the file from the ftp server ismessed up, I would consider the possibility that the problem comes from some obscure oddity related to your installation. The reason I suggest this is that I recall you mentioning that you migrated to this server from a PPC machine. IIRC, you either copied the entire installation or installed the PPC version first. Anyhow, I thought you had purposely installed the PPC version on your Intel server upon the initial migration, and that could be causing some problems if the PPC version was never removed properly.

Just a thought,