From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: Moving from one server to another
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:06:22 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Oct 5, 2008, at 8:56 PM, David Brookfield wrote:

We're trying to move from one server to another 5.13 on FreeBSD to 5.13 on Ubuntu Server 8.04.

Now as I understood it, the way this would happen is install CGP 5.13 on new machine then rsync /var/CommuinGate from the old machine to the new machine. and Bob's your uncle. the settings passwords etc would all be transferred.

This isn't what happened in our case, after the rsync we couldn't get in to the web interface at all as none of our passwords were recognised. What did I miss?

Did you stop CGP on the old server and make sure that the service was stopped on the new server before you performed the rsync? If the CGP service was running when you did the rsync. you must, at least, restart the service to force a reload of settings.

Just a thought.