From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: OS X AntiVirus / AntiSpam? (for personal use)
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 10:45:30 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Oct 7, 2008, at 9:52 AM, Alastair Burr wrote:

Hello,

Firstly, this email is about my personal mail server, and not related to our work installation of CommuniGate.

At home, I was up until now running a small linux machine (OpenSuSE 10.1) running the community edition of CommuniGate 5.2.8 and CGPAV (using ClamAV and spam assassin)

Now, I have moved my installation across to my multimedia mac mini which is on 24/7, so I can get rid of my old archaic noisy email server. This is one of the new intel based mac minis running OS X 10.5.5, and was effortless to install 5.2.8 of the OS X version and start it up with a copy of /var/CommuniGate

But of course the problem is that I now have the issue of being able to find a suitable AntiVirus and AntiSpam configuration that will work on OS X!

[snip]

Alastair,

I would recommend two things:

1.) Verify that you are using RBLs to block spam, as that controls the bulk of our spam.
2.) Contact Nicolas from Niversoft about purchasing a copy of Pollustop. We use that here as our spam filtering software for our business server, and I am planning on setting up a copy  for my personal server, which is remarkably similar to your situation (moved from Linux to OS X, etc, etc.) It's not free, but it is an excellent piece of software and the price is reasonable.