Mailing List Message #96408
From: Bret Miller <>
Subject: Re: Thunderbird Contacts on CGP - a solution?
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 11:59:28 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <>

On 10/9/2008 3:27 AM, Graeme Fowler wrote:
On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 10:36 +0100, Communigate Forum wrote:
would it not be relatively easy to write a suitable connector for
Maybe, but...

surely thunderbird would provide the basis of a fantastic cross platform
mail/calendar/contacts client??
Come off it. The Lightning/Sunbird calendar support for remote calendars
via CalDAV is not terribly good, especially if you're using other access
methods. The handling of recurrence is not great (although this could be
a CGP issue with recurrent exceptions in existing calendars, to be fixed
in 5.3). Like it or loathe it, Outlook sets the standard for groupware
(which it does *extremely* well) and everything else is running to keep
Maybe not CalDAV, but the Google provider works pretty much flawlessly for me. So, the add-on CAN be good if the effort is put in.
I fully expect the "internal" line from CGS will be that Pronto is the
basis of a fantastic cross-platform client :)
Yeah, and that's harder to sell to users than Thunderbird.