From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: Thunderbird SyncCGP Extension
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 19:45:36 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Oct 12, 2008, at 12:38 PM, Nicolas Hatier wrote:

Feedback and support welcome. This thing will require testing to survive.

I will do my best to install Thunderbird and test this out. It would be wonderful to have an alternative to Outlook.

It seems you can only sync from folders that you're subscribed to. I have to subscribe to my "Contacts", "Calendar" and "Tasks" folders in order to sync to them, however I don't really need to see those folders in the mail section of Thunderbird. Any chance that can be changed?
Unfortunately not, at least not without major rewrite - a new IMAP client would probably have to be included in the extension code to do what you want.

Sounds like a feature for v2.0... with any luck, Nicolas will be able to derive enough income from this project in the future to get to that point!

Also, when I did the initial configuration I went to click on "Done" and nothing happened. I closed the config window, and it had all worked, but the "Done" button was unresponsive, which was momentarily confusing.
The current code is mostly proof-of-concept, and probably has all of the problems the original SyncKolab extension have. This kind of things will probably be solved later, when more important issues and testing has been completed, and when there will be some kind of financial backing to this project.

Well, speaking of financial backing, is there a way that we can contribute to support the development of this plugin, maybe with contributions applicable to license fees in the future? I'd personally be willing to support a project such as this, and I am excited by the rapid progress so far!

Great work, Nicolas!