From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: External SIP providers
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:58:04 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Oct 23, 2008, at 2:52 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:

On Oct 23, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Karl wrote:

For incoming SIP, you can receive calls in several different ways.

1) Configure the SIP provider to send calls for specific numbers and then allow CGP to use its standard routing records to route the calls to the fictitious telnum domain where it will then look up the number in its internal hash table and route it to the account.

That is achieved with entries like these:

S:<(10d)@*> = +1*@telnum S:<1(10d)@*> = +1*@telnum S:<(7d)@*> = *@local S:telnum = pstn ; lookup in list of internal numbers S:<+1*@pstn> = gatewaycaller{*}#pbx_gw_caller S:<+*@pstn> = gatewaycaller{011*}#pbx_gw_caller S:<*@local> = localAreaCall{*}#pbx_gw_caller

[snip]

HOLY CRAP! And I thought that Asterisk had a steep learning curve! (actually, it's not that bad....)

When is there going to be an analog to FreePBX for CGP that will make it a reasonable thing for me to consider as a replacement for our FreePBX/Asterisk box?

Tom

Not to answer my own question, but Nicolas, you seem to be a miracle worker with whipping up complex pieces of software in impossibly short periods of time, wanna give it a shot?  <smirk>

FreePBX is supposed to be built so that it doesn't necessarily depend on Asterisk (though I think that's more wishful thinking  than anything else....)