From: Urs Grützner <ugruetzner@ems.ch>
Subject: CGP SMTP Server frequently not available
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 22:13:17 +0100
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
One of our users in far east has no problems to get mail from our server
in Switzerland. However he is frequently encountering problems by
sending mails.

His mail client tries to connect but without success. The client is
waiting eternally for the handshake. Sending mails from his account at
Yahoo Mail works always.

Pinging the server from there shows large reaction times: min 450 ms,
max 2920 ms avg 1150
(from home:  min/avg/max/stddev = 28.260/67.784/209.318/48.814 ms)

Do I need to change some settings on the SMTP server? Which ones?