From: Karl Zander <cgplist@commpartners.com>
Subject: Re: x86_64 in the Linux tgz
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 21:08:12 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I used rpm2targz to take the x86_64 rpm and convert it to a tar.gz file.

Extracting the tar.gz file places most files in /opt, the expected place, with just a documentation file going into /usr/

I did loose the startup scripts, but I had those from another install. And you have to manually make the simlinks to mail and sendmail.

But the extracted binaries started right up.  Its been running a few days now.  I will be testing a bit more before putting into production.  So far it seems to be going well and was pretty easy  to get working.

--Karl

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 15:09:47 -0500