From: Wayne Gamble <rfecgate@rfe.net>
Subject: Re: IPhone and winmail.dat question
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:56:38 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
FWIW,  I was fighting the winmail.dat problem years ago when I was administering Exchange servers.  The problem then, and maybe now, was not HTML messages sent from Outlook, but rather Rich Text messages.  Just about everyone not using Outlook couldn't read the rich text messages sent by our users.    The solution was to set Outlook to compose messages as HTML or Plain Text.

We use the Niversoft filter these days and my iPhone users (some on imap, others on Airsync)  haven't reported any problems.

 - Wayne