From: Uwe Baemayr <cgate@baemayr.com>
Subject: Re: Entourage and SMTP
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 16:56:52 -0600
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi John and Aaron:

Thank you so much for replying -- and on a Sunday, yet!

On 1 Mar 2009 at 11:32, John Rudd wrote:

> You said she can't authenticate...
> which authentication methods are enabled on your server?

Everything except SESSIONID and GSSAPI was enabled:

 * CLRTXT
 * CRAM-MD5
 * DIGEST-MD5
 * APOP
 * NTLM
 * MSN

> Aaron Willems wrote:

> My company is totally Mac based. I have to support over 50 Entourage
> clients, and I spend a long time getting Authentication to work. I
> found that Entourage doesn't play well with NTLM and MSM
> authentication. I had to turn these off on the domain level and use
> password authentication before I could get SMTP to work.
>
> Have you tried disabling these 2 authentication methods?

I have now disabled NTLM and MSN.  I wrote to the Entourage user and asked
her to try configuring SMTP again.  I'll let you all know if it made a
difference.

I didn't previously see the help for these domain settings -- lots of good
info there.  I inherited these settings and figured they were set
appropriately since nobody ever complained before. :-)

Since these are Microsoft protocols, I can't imagine why they wouldn't work
with Entourage and Outlook (isn't that a Microsoft product?).  It would be
fantastic if this solves the problem.

Thanks for your advice!

--- Uwe