From: Wayne Gamble <rfecgate@rfe.net>
Subject: Re: IM client for website
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 06:06:00 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Thanks, I'll check it out.

 - Wayne

On Mar 17, 2009, at 1:10 AM, Alexey Naidyonov wrote:

On 16.03.2009, at 19:35, Wayne Gamble wrote:
Hello;

Has anyone used CGatePro's IM feature to implement a helpdesk feature on a website?   ( i.e. an embedded instant messaging feature on a webpage that would connect a customer to someone in our customer support department.).  We also have an OS X iChat server available, but would prefer to use CGatePro if possible.

I'd be interested in recommendations for open source, custom,  or commercial software.

I think we have a solution which could fit your needs. Please try demo widget at

http://pbxdemo.itoolabs.com/
Login: demo
Password: demo
Skin: Dashboard

Try clicking "Launch WEB Phone" link at the top-left, it should start a webphone widget. Since this is a demo account, its language may be switched to Russian, in this case just click the top-left link.
The webphone supports IM, Presence and Calls (using CommuniGate AV Plugin). Try sending a message to my address (I'm in demo account's roster) or calling any sip uri. The webphone uses XIMSS/HTTP and RPC/JSON for signalling and can be embedded to other web pages. Widget implemented as a skin and doesn't require any additional software besides CGP itself.

Note this demo widget lacks any graphics design. Usually we apply a design supplied by customer before embedding it into customers' sites.

Besides a number of corporate installations, the webphone has also a few public ones, please take a look for example at http://www.communigate.com/Papers/Euroset_case_study.pdf and http://stc.euroset.ru/

Please contact info@itoolabs.com if you find this interesting.

Regards,
-- Alexey Naidyonov
ITooLabs