From: Jeff Wark <jwark@tbaytel.net>
Subject: Re: xxx@yyy.com will leave the Internet...
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:23:48 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
So, the situation is like this in this example:

CommuniGate server has the following domain on it:
example.com

and example.com has the following users defined in it:
user01
user02
user03

An email directed to user01@example.com or user02@example.com or user03@example.com will result in the following response during an SMTP session:
250 user01@example.com will leave the Internet

and that is simply the way that the CommuniGate Server states that the account is local and it won't relay the message somewhere else.

Here is an actual example on my server that hosts tbaytel.net:

$ telnet localhost 25
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 tbaytel.net SMTP server is glad to see you
helo localhost
250 front1.tbaytel.net domain name should be qualified localhost
mail from: jwark@tbaytel.net
250 jwark@tbaytel.net sender accepted
rcpt to: jwark@tbaytel.net
250 jwark@tbaytel.net will leave the Internet
rcpt to: jwark@gmail.com
250 jwark@gmail.com accepting mail from a client address

The account jwark@tbaytel.net in the rcpt to: command does exist locally, therefore it will leave the Internet.  jwark@gmail.com [an account I just made up, but that might actually exist on the gmail.com servers] is not local, so the response is that the email will be accepted from a client address.