From: Uwe Baemayr <cgate@baemayr.com>
Subject: SRS in MAIL-FROM & reverse-check
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 23:23:08 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Howdy!

I didn't see any replies to this question -- does anyone know anything about
SRS and Communigate support?

Thanks in advance,

--- Uwe

I have a "customer" who is complaining that he cannot send one of our
Communigate Pro 5.2.11-hosted accounts email.  He sent me the bounce
message, and part of it is below:

> SMTP error from remote mail server after
> MAIL FROM:<SRS0=s/ud8o=AZ=abc.biz=def@yourhostingaccount.com
> SIZE=11895: host mail.tailsofjoy.net [64.84.20.248]: 578
> SRS0=s/ud8o=AZ=abc.biz=def@yourhostingaccount.com
>      address rejected with reverse-check

(domain changed to 'abc' and account changed to 'def' changed to protect the
identify of the sender).

Does Communigate 5.2.11 support SRS?  I hadn't previously heard of this and
the only thing I could find on the web are complaints about old versions of
Communigate not supporting this.  If it is is now supported, is there
something I need to do in Communigate to enable support (couldn't find any
mention), or some setting that will keep senders from attempting to use it?
We do have SPF records -- is that what causes senders to use SRS?

If Communigate is understanding the MAIL FROM, is the reverse-check failing
on 'abc.biz' or 'def@yourhostingaccount.com' or does it fail because the
entire record is nonsense?  I really don't want to turn reverse-check
rejection off because it eliminates 90% of our spam and this is the first
complaint I've gotten in a long time.

Sorry for my ignorance on this topic.  I unfortunately don't do this for a
living -- just trying to help out some other folks...

--- Uwe