From: Urs Grtzner <ugruetzner@ems.ch>
Subject: Forwarding authentication problem
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 17:29:42 +0200
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On our CGP Server with domain ems.ch we have SMTP AUTH enabled to avoid
Spam with faked sender adresses like name@ems.ch.

One of our users kaeser委ms.ch has also an address kaeser妾ms-ag.ch. The
domain cms-ag.ch is hosted on another server of our sister company. The
address is not an account but a simple forwarder. What comes in to
kaeser妾ms-ag.ch is immediately forwarded to kaeser委ms.ch. Cybernet is
the Internet provider of cms-ag.ch, its the Cybernet's SMTP which
finally forwards the mail to our SMTP ems.ch

Problem: Testmails sent from any account ems.ch to kaeser妾ms-ag.ch are
not forwarded (in this case back...) to our server, see the error
message below.

Why does our CGP Server obviously consider the original sender as a
client sender which needs authentication?

The original message was received at Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:07:40 +0200 (CEST)
from cust.static.84-253-63-242.cybernet.ch [84.253.63.242]

<kaeser委ms.ch>
    (reason: 575 ijauch委ms.ch sender requires authentication)

... while talking to mail.ems.ch.:
>>> MAIL From:<ijauch委ms.ch> SIZE=956
<<< 575 ijauch委ms.ch sender requires authentication
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
Final-Recipient: RFC822; kaeser委ms.ch
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 575 ijauch委ms.ch sender requires authentication
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 09:07:58 +0200 (CEST)
test