Subject: Re: Problem with a rule - 18 occurrences, too many hops...
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:12:09 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Nicolas - your solution worked the best.

Thanks!

Victor

On Jun 13, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Nicolas Hatier wrote:

Or use a different (and more efficient) action:

Data
From is: sender@domain.com
Action
Store In: ~rule-destination-address@domain.com/INBOX

The "store in" action puts a copy of the message in the specified mailbox (don't forget the ~ character), but without having the message pass through all processing again. And the message will also continue its way to the intended recipient, unless a "Discard" or "Stop Processing" action is specified afterwards.

Regards
Nicolas Hatier

Jeff Wark wrote:
The problem with the mirroring [or similar rule] is that it creates another message [a copy] *from* that account you are monitoring which in turn triggers the rule again.

What you need to do is before you mirror the message, you need to add a header to it, like 'X-Mirrored-Message: Yes' or something else unique.  Then you can use the presence/absence of this header in a message to trigger the rule.