From: Todd Schuldt <tschuld@kirkwood.edu>
Subject: RE: Is anyone using Sun v480 or Sun v880 ?
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 10:07:20 -0500
To: 'CommuniGate Pro Discussions' <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Sooo many questions...(I have a pair of fully configured V440's here that I used CGP on a couple years ago.)

Why Solaris 8 instead of 10 on the V480?  Our v440's did much better on 10.
Are you using internal drives?  If so are you using the software raid 1, software raid 0 or running single drives?  (We ran 2 sets of Raid 1 internally)

We noticed that the Solaris raid didn't seem to be very efficient at moving large amounts of small files with CGP.  Once we moved CGP onto the HBA and SAN (Sun 6130, 3 trays, 45 drives@146gx10k, 2Gb active/passive) everything seemed almost instant (LUN was 15 drives in R5).

Todd Schuldt
Senior System Administrator
Kirkwood Community College