From: Will Matthews <will@gap.ca>
Subject: Expand Member Groups not weeding out duplicates
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 06:26:22 -0700
To: <CGatePro>
Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could help sort out what I'm doing wrong.  I have a bunch of nested groups so that I can assign a user to just one or two groups, and then they're automatically members of all the "super-groups" without much effort.  I have Expand Member Groups turned on as well as Remove To and CC from Distribution but for users that appear in more than one subgroup, they receive the message more than once.  For example, I have a staff-headoffice group, which contains, sales-headoffice, operations-headoffice, etc.  If a user is in both sales-headoffice and operations-headoffice, they will receive 2 copies of messages sent to staff-headoffice.

However, my understand is that if I have  Expand Member Groups turned on as well as Remove To and CC from Distribution for all groups and subgroups, then this shouldn't happen.  Am I mistaken?

Any help/clarification would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Will