From: Will Matthews <will@gap.ca>
Subject: Re: Expand Member Groups not weeding out duplicates
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:20:09 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
The user's address appears the same in all instances, and the Expand Member Groups is active for every group (out of paranoia).  All these groups and users are in the same domain.  In terms of groups, all members are members are members of subgroups.  To be clearer than my last example, say we have out top-level group, Group A.  Group A contains Group B1, Group B2, and Group B3.  Groups B1 and B2 contain users, and Group B3 contains Group C1 and Group C2.  Both Groups C1 and C2 also contain users.

We've set things up like this so that mail sent to Group A automatically goes to everyone, while email meant for an entire region or department could be sent to say Group B2 or C1, etc.

I managed to get a hold of a pair of duplicates from one of those complaining and I found something weird in the headers.  In the first message I found these headers headers:

but in the second I found these:

Does this provide any more revealing clues?

Thanks,
Will