From: Jim Steil <jim@qlf.com>
Subject: Server backup
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 09:13:07 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi

We're reviewing our backup procedures for our mail server here and I was hoping to get a little input on what others are doing for backup.  We are a small business, about 125 mail accounts.

At this time we do the following:

1.  We run Backup Exec and do a full backup of the mail store once a week, and do incrementals the other nights.  We back everything up to a NAS device on our network.
2.  In addition to the Backup Exec backups, we do an rsync of the Accounts folder every night to the NAS device and then take a copy of that to a removable drive as well. I'm looking for input on what others are doing, or help pointing out the holes that may be in my strategy.

Thanks in advance to anyone that wishes to share their expertise.

   -Jim