From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymesheating.com>
Subject: Re: Domain name migration
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 10:07:11 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 05:23:56 +0300
 "Technical Support, Stalker Labs" <support@stalker.com> wrote:
Hello,
 Tom Rymes on 08.12.2009 1:36 wrote:

Hi folks,

We have just acquired a new domain name that we are going to use as our primary domain. Our old domain will still be in use, just in case, but deprecated, if you will.

For the time being, I have entered the new domain as an alias to the old one, and that works for IMAP, but MAPI defaults to the actual domain name unless you change details within the "Account Info" portion of the connector setup. That's a bit more cumbersome on multiple desktops, not to mention having to remember to do that each and every time.

Sooooo..... I am looking for ways to migrate all of our users to the new domain without having to recreate users, migrate mailboxes etc. The easiest option, AFAICT, is:

1.) Request new License key from Communigate that has new domain as primary.
2.) Block access to the server, remove the old keys, remove new domain alias, rename the primary domain.
3.) Add new keys, add old domain alias, restore access to server.

Is there another way to do this?

Remove the alias, create a secondary domain with the new name, move users to it (via renaming), keep only postmaster and pbx accounts in the main domain.

Thanks for the tip, that leaves me with a few questions:

1.) When moving users by renaming, would I just enter "user@newdomain.tld" in the text box at the bottom of the page?
2.) What router entries or other would I need to enter to force mail addressed to "user@olddomain.tld" to be delivered to "user@newdomain.tld"?
3.) Is there a way to use the CLI to rename users en masse?
4.) How much does CommuniGate charge to issue a new key with a changed primary domain?

Thanks again,