From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Blackberry oddity - Changing Message UID
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:28:33 -0800
To: <CGatePro>
Folks,

We have issues with our Blackberry users where they receive duplicate copies of e-mails if they open them in their desktop client (specifically Outlook, but I don't think it's unique to Outlook). As far as I can tell, CGP or the client is changing the UID on the message when it is reopened, causing the BlackBerry device to see it as a new message, and then download it again.

As you can imagine, this is annoying. Is there an easy way to avoid this?