From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: RE: Blackberry oddity - Changing Message UID
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 11:22:51 -0500
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
As I understand it from digging through Google again, this is an Outlook problem, related to Exchange/MAPI mode.

I believe that the Gmail problem was receving copies of mail you send, whereas this problem is that Outlook modifies the message UID when it opens, flags, replies to, or frankly, does anything to a message. Literally, a user will open a 3 year old message in Outlook to read it and s/he will then receive that 3 year old message on the Blackberry as if it were a new message.

So, to answer my question, I presume that there is no solution because this is an Outlook problem? Or is it?

Tom