From: Gavin Lawrie <gavin.lawrie@2gc.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Winmail.dat
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:22:36 +0300
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi

I'm afraid I'm pretty lame with regard to using it - we set it up as per the instructions from Nicolas, and apart from updating periodically to the latest version, haven't really done anything to it at all.  In our configuration we don't have any flags associated with the Helper definition (program path is simply set to Filters/winmaildat/winmaildat), and there is a single rule set to fire the filter (run it unless a header field exists matching X-WinmailDat:*).

But maybe Nicolas will be able to help with specific insights / suggestions to ensure it runs in a way that works for the iPhone.  But to my untrained eye, only reason you'd see the winmail.dat is that the message being viewed on the iPhone hasn't been processed through these rules: we don't have any iPhones, so no experience of how they connect to CGP, but perhaps the iPhone gets the message before it is processed?

Sorry can't be more help.

Regards

Gavin