From: William Bashlor <willieb_72@yahoo.com>
Subject: Outgoing SPAM resulting in Temp Blacklist
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 05:24:01 -0800
To: <CGatePro>
Hello,

I'm looking for your suggestions to help keep my server off of any temp black lists. Specifically:

1.) Are there any outgoing SMTP settings we can use in CGPro to help stop outgoing SPAM originating from our network (not relay)?
2.) How can I easily identify non-relay outgoing smtp spam and stop it? For example I see maybe 100 messages stuck in the queue from item@question,com going to all different domains. How can I find the originating IP in the logs and stop mail from that user until they fix their PC?
3.) We have a barracuda for incoming SPAM. For those of you farmilar with a barracuda, would this work better for outgoing mail or does it not scan outgoing?
4.) What about rate-limits for barracuda or CGPro?

Looks like either larger domains are getting stricter on incoming SPAM policies or our outgoing is getting worse. Seems to be worse for yahoo.com, hotmail.com, alltel.net, att.net, comcast.net, etc...

Any other suggestions? Thanks so much...

-Will