From: Mike Yrabedra <mike@323inc.com>
Subject: write failed. Error Code=broken connection - Chain Authority issue?
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 06:43:16 -0800
To: <CGatePro>

Hello,

I have 4.2.10 running on Mac OS X.

Within the past few weeks we started getting alot of errors like the following, when a user tried to email someone with an attachment...

write failed. Error Code=broken connection

The only thing that happened around this time that was different, is that we replaced the SSL cert. The new one is a wildcard cert ( from COMODO ). It works fine ( web, connecting,sending text emails, etc...), but I am wondering if something with the CA is different, causing the TLS connection to break when sending attachments.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here? Does the cert have nothing to do with normal attachment sending?

The issue is intermittent and only occurs on certain remote receiving servers.

Any assistance would be awesome.

Cheers.

--
Mike