From: William Bashlor <willieb_72@yahoo.com>
Subject: SPAM Tips for server administrator
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 12:12:29 -0700 (PDT)
To: <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi All,

I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here, I can't seem to keep our server off of dynamic blacklists. Any tips or hints you guys can give me? The main domains we have issues with is yahoo, hotmail, and aol, in that order. yahoo must have very strict incoming SPAM rules or something.

This has seem to have gotton worse over the past couple months. I even recently setup CGPro to forward all mail to our Barracuda for outgoing SMTP sending. This has helped but we are still having issues. I've even went to the extreme of setting up an outbound queue graph using cacti (like mrtg on steroids). It alerts us if the outbound queue goes over 500. Currently it's around 170 but I see some yahoo, aol, and a few other domains that were rejected due to dynamic blacklisting.

I also updated to the latest early release firmware for our Barracuda that has flow control based on from addresses. And it does a content scan based on definitions.

Any suggestions I can do to stay off these lists? Settings in CGPro, barracuda, DNS, etc...?

I have reverse DNS setup, we don't use SMTP Auth because we have 5,000 Internet customers and it would be a nightmare to start requiring authentication. Do any of you similar sized ISPs have this issue?

Any suggestions? Thanks so much...

-Will