From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Re: SSL Cert and some odd issues.
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:57:46 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
On Mar 24, 2010, at 12:06 PM, Tom Rymes wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I have added a proper (non-self-signed) SSL cert to our windows machine via IIS.
>
> I have not changed the settings in CGPro.
>
> Since I did this, I am now unable to log in via https://myserver.dom:9100 or https://myserver.dom:9010.
>
> I also have one iPhone user who is unable to send mail, and after messing with settings, receive as well. Not certain if the change is related.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction here?
>
> Tom

FYI, it seems that our new SSL cert was added to the CGP server somehow. Whether it was a boneheaded move by me, or automatic when I added it to IIS, I don't know.

However, I exported the key from IIS and used the instructions I found at http://www.petefreitag.com/item/16.cfm to export the private key and remove the password. I then removed the cert from the web interface, imported the private key, and installed the certificate, deleted the non-password protected files, and all is well with the world.

Maybe this will help some other misguided soul in the future as they search the archives....