From: W Sanders <wms2@stmarys-ca.edu>
Subject: Bouncing off Blackberry users
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:41:06 -0700
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
We are seeing 750+ active established IMAP sockets that never disconnect, all from our Blackberry users. Looks like the Blackberry does not disconnect after it is done polling the server, unlike well-behaved software like Thunderbird.

Unfortunately, we are running an ancient Communigate version, 4.2.7. Is there a way to bounce these users off in this version?

I'd also like to set a minimum polling interval for IMAP. The Blackberrys poll every two minutes, it looks like.

If an upgrade will allow me to control this, let me know so I can convince my bosses to finally shell out for an upgrade.

Thanks in advance,

-Wiley Sanders
System Administrator
St Marys College of California