From: Wayde Nie <wayde@nie.ca>
Subject: Re: Bouncing off Blackberry users
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:03:52 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
I'd be really interested in finding a solution to this one too... We
spoke to CG Tech support about it a while ago while we were planning an
upgrade. Unfortunately, they didn't seem to have any solutions at the
time... I hope things have changed.

We're running a fairly recent v5.2.12. We're 'off-peak' hours at the
moment and we've got 1150 IMAP connections in 'idling' mode. In our
experience a lot of these (possibly most) are Blackberry's. They keep us
running up close to our IMAP channel limit though-out most of our
daytime.

I wonder if there's something that can be done to migrate IDLE IMAP
connections off to an IDLE queue. If they wake up, or there's something
to say to them, they could be moved back to the active queue, if the
active queue has any room... Not sure if it's the right way to handle
it, but the current situation soaks up all of our channels and
interactive IMAP users start receiving errors when their clients are
unable to connect to a channel...

Anyone else seen this behaviour? Have a way to fix it?

Wayde.