From: Wayde Nie <wayde@nie.ca>
Subject: Re: Bouncing off Blackberry users
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:33:43 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>, Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com>
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 22:11:15 -0400
 Nicolas Hatier <nicolas.hatier@niversoft.com> wrote:
It would surely be possible to write a small and fast IMAP proxy that would disconnect idle connections after a while, with a timeout that would be configurable.

Hi Nicolas,

We'd thought of this, either hacking one out ourselves or looking into
the capabilities of other IMAP proxies, but we'd like to preserve the
simplicity of working within CGP (if possible)... Common logging and
configuration is nice...

I'm not sure if Blackberry might be 'pinging' every so often to reset
a timer to keep the channel open... I don't see (or at least don't notice...)
other connections lingering and accumulating like BB connections...

I've just increased my logging level on IMAP. I'll let it run for a bit
to see if I get any further clues... (I've started with 'Low Level' for now,
may have to go to 'All' :)

I can look at that if you are interested (contact me offlist).

We may take you up on the offer! :)

Regards
Nicolas Hatier