From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: RE: Authentication: NTLM and DIGEST-MD5 issue with Outlook (and other mailers possibly)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 09:27:39 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>

[snip]

I think you have misdiagnosed the problem here (or, rather, the cause). The router system has not added the @MainDomain.dom, it is rejecting the attempt because the user 'UserName@SubDomain.dom@MainDomain.dom' doesn't exist. It had nothing to do with adding that. In other words, CGPro isn't causing this problem, it is simply reacting to a problem caused by the client.

I think you will find that the problem lies with Outlook or the MAPI connector. I vaguely remember running into issues with Outlook/MAPI when I specified a FQDN as the server name that was not the same as the user's domain. My apologies for not remembering what exactly the circumstances were, or how it was resolved, but you might consider calling CommuniGate Support or opening a ticket online. They're very helpful for things like this.