From: Tom Rymes <trymes@rymes.com>
Subject: Greylisting? Mail to one domain constantly delayed
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:02:22 -0400
To: CommuniGate Pro Discussions <CGatePro@mail.stalker.com>
Hi there, I have an issue where e-mails to a specific domain are delayed indefinitely, until the message is rejected after 3 days of sending attempts.

I was under the impression that the receving server was using greylisting, and that the message ought to be accepted if the server attempts delivery again later, but it seems like my server has been attempting over and over again for the last three days until the message was finally rejected. From our logs:

00:25:57.131 4 SMTP-000840(receivingdomain.dom) [3680844] sending
00:26:19.159 1 SMTP-000840(receivingdomain.dom) [3680844] return-path rejected, got:450 4.4.3 Try again later.
00:26:19.159 4 SMTP(receivingdomain.dom) [3680844] batch delayed for 3600 seconds

This looks like it is rejecting my return-path. Could this be due to the fact that one of my servers sends all of its mail through another, and the IP of the MX and the sending server are different?