From: ServerSmiths <totb@serversmiths.com>
Subject: Re: Web* SIMS Mail Interface
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 17:53:34 -0800
To: (SIMS Discussions) <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
on 1/22/02 3:52 PM, Global Homes Webmaster at webmaster@globalhomes.com
wrote:

> You might want to check <http://www.webstar.com/>. I'm not sure where it might
> be online, though, since I picked it up on the CD from MacWorld Expo. As far
> as I know, the web mail thing is a separate beast from 4D Portal. Since it's a
> stand-alone server, it might be best to run it on a different machine from
> WebSTAR, but if you can configure the port it listens on, you should be able
> to run it on the same machine. Again, I haven't really looked at it yet, so
> I'm more or less guessing at this point.

I've just set it up and it's pretty good but seems to be slower than I would
have thought.

I got it at

http://www.4d.com/4DLINK/4DACTION/WEB_GetForm/4Dwebmail/4Dwebmail.shtml/init

Pretty full featured and free.

It runs it's own webserver so you'll have port conflicts unless you run the
webmail or web* on a port other than 80.

I put it on a separate machine so I wouldn't have the port issue.

M./