From: Christian F Buser <mac-christian@subdimension.com>
Subject: Define client's IP numbers
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:17:43 +0100
To: SIMS Discussions <sims@stalker.com>
Hello,

Is it possible to define an IP range which should be considered as "client" in one of the following situations:

(a) I get a line connected to a router. The router has the official IP address 123.123.123.58, a web server has the official IP address 123.123.123.59, SIMS has the official IP address  123.123.123.60, and all my other computers have internal IP addresses only. The web server and SIMS are "outside", and don't have an internal address.

(b) I get a line connected to a router. The router has the official IP address 123.123.123.58, a web server has the official IP address 123.123.123.59, SIMS has the official IP address  123.123.123.60, but both addresses for the web server and SIMS are automatically translated to an internal address.

(c)  I get a line connected to a router. The router has the official IP address 123.123.123.58, the connections to the Web server and to SIMS are distributed via the same IP address using address translation. The web server and SIMS are using one of the internal IP addresses.

Thanks, Christian.