From: Terry Allen <hmag@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: Web* SIMS Mail Interface
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:06:13 +1100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>on 1/22/02 3:52 PM, Global Homes Webmaster at webmaster@globalhomes.com
>wrote:
>
>> You might want to check <http://www.webstar.com/>. I'm not sure where it
>>might
>> be online, though, since I picked it up on the CD from MacWorld Expo. As far
>> as I know, the web mail thing is a separate beast from 4D Portal. Since
>>it's a
>> stand-alone server, it might be best to run it on a different machine from
>> WebSTAR, but if you can configure the port it listens on, you should be able
>> to run it on the same machine. Again, I haven't really looked at it yet, so
>> I'm more or less guessing at this point.
>

>I've just set it up and it's pretty good but seems to be slower than I would
>have thought.
>
>I got it at
>
>http://www.4d.com/4DLINK/4DACTION/WEB_GetForm/4Dwebmail/4Dwebmail.shtml/init
>
>Pretty full featured and free.

Hi again,
Don't be alarmed at how slow it may be - I've only ever seen one
webmail service which is quick & that's a custom thing one of my ISP's did,
running on some pretty serious hardware.

Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
hEARd
c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
The Entrance
NSW    2261
Australia

Internet -
WWW:
http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au