From: Robert Ameeti <robert@ameeti.net>
Subject: Managing Users mail and Minimizing the All Messages list
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 09:39:54 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have more messages sitting in my All Messages window that I feel is appropriate. My belief is that these messages  would be messages that have been received by SIMS for the users, and either read and not discarded by the user, or messages that have not yet been picked up. If I am wrong on this, please correct me.

The SIMS mail server is being used for a group of individuals who needed a common domain from which to be able to email from. I wish for the SIMS 1.8b8 mail server to only serve as a waypoint for that mail that is addressed to the user at this domain but to then be immediately forwarded to their 'real' email address. With this plan, there should in my mind, be no mail that ends up sitting in the All Messages window as it will have been forwarded to their 'real' SMTP mail server.

On a Mac, I am using CommuniGator 3.2.1 to manage the User Accounts. For each user account, I have the Mailbox set to Discard Mail. I also have 'Mirror List/Mirror Mail To Distribution List' set with the user's real email address as a Distribution List Address.

With these settings, why would CommuniGator be showing any mail for this user in the All Messages window? Shouldn't all mail be forwarded to the 'Distribution List Address' and then Discarded? What am I missing here? (I'm talking over 800 messages with some going back several weeks, probably since the last time I just threw Discarded everything that was more than a few days old.)

--
Robert Ameeti