From: The Count of CipherSpace <CountZeroI@CipherSpace.org.in>
Subject: Re: Managing Users mail and Minimizing the All Messages list
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 14:48:40 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>, Robert Ameeti <robert@ameeti.net>
Robert Ameeti at 2002-02-16 12:39 from robert@ameeti.net wrote:

>With these settings, why would CommuniGator be showing any mail for
>this user in the All Messages window? Shouldn't all mail be forwarded
>to the 'Distribution List Address' and then Discarded? What am I
>missing here? (I'm talking over 800 messages with some going back
>several weeks, probably since the last time I just threw Discarded
>everything that was more than a few days old.)

Did you ever set discard failed messages to never ??  I have found if you
do that with CommuniGator, SIMS decides to retain every message in its Q,
irrespective of status.  Changing it back to month or week or whatever,
does not change this behaviour - you have to use the web interface to
change it to something else and then it does as expected.

Dmitry/Stalker,

I find this "feature" extremely useful;  please, do NOT "fix" it (in the
event you decide it is a bug).

Thank you for an excellent FREE product.  Thank you for all the support.

All,

Thank you for all the support and info.