From: Tod Fitch <Tod@FitchDesign.com>
Subject: Re: forwarding to listserver?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:24:29 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 08:22 AM 2/25/2002, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:
Hi folks,

In a moment of inspiration, I just realized that I can probably drop some line in the SIMS router so that any post to *@lists.domain.com will get forwarded to the separate listserv machine, and thus take advantage of the spam filtering on SIMS.  The listserve (ListStar) has none, and I'm constantly dealing with spam bounces.

So before I break anything, would the correct syntax be:

<*@lists.domain.com> = *@xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

        (or =*@SomeUnpublishedSubdomain.domain.com at the same IP)

I think there are at least two ways to do this:

1) Accept mail from lists.domain.com as local to SIMS and create accounts on SIMS for each list and set them to "discard" and "mirror to list". In the list specification give the real address of the list on your list server.

2) Put something like the following into your router:

lists.domain.com = reallists.domain.com.smtp

The second way means you don't have to play with the SIMS setup if you add more lists to the lists server. But it also means you cannot  take advantage of SIMS anti-harvesting features.