From: Tod Fitch <Tod@FitchDesign.com>
Subject: Re: forwarding to listserver?
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:06:55 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 04:05 PM 2/25/2002, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:
At 08:22 AM 2/25/2002, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:
<snip>
2) Put something like the following into your router:

lists.domain.com = reallists.domain.com.smtp

The second way means you don't have to play with the SIMS setup if you add more lists to the lists server. But it also means you cannot take advantage of SIMS anti-harvesting features.

But does it take advantage of any other anti-spam features?  I'm not too worried about anti-harvesting, as the list addresses are published all over the place.  I'm just getting tired of seeing all the nigerian and argentinian spam mail bouncing around the listserver.  (they never actually get to the lists themselves, of course, but the bounced mail gets reported to the list admins)  SIMS is doing a pretty good job of trapping the spam.

Your blacklists, return path checks, etc. should all still work.