From: Tod Fitch <tod@FitchDesign.com>
Subject: Re: smart SIMS - but how?
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:34:05 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 8:21 PM -0500 3/11/02, Bill Cole wrote:

No, you missed it. SIMS  does no reverse lookup at all. It does a query for an A record for the name claimed by the sender, and sees if it matches the connecting IP.

It looks to me like SIMS is doing a MX lookup on karabalta.kg which yields a result of:

karabalta.kg preference = 2, mail exchanger = karabalta.kg
karabalta.kg preference = 10, mail exchanger = relay1.asiainfo.kg

Since there is an MX record for karabalta.kg the sender is "verified". I don't think SIMS digs deeper to see that the A record for karabalta.kg is not valid.