From: Patrik Wersäll <patrik.wersall@telia.com>
Subject: What is the maximun number of addresses to be processed at the same time?
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 08:13:04 -0800
To: <sims>
Hello all,

I'm quite new to this so please have patience with me.

I'm running a list on MacJordomo, using SIMS as the sending SMTP-server and
QuickMail as the receiving POP-server since I'm on a dynamic IP-address and
the QM-server was already in place.

MacJordomo and SISM are placed on the same unit. The OS is 8.6 and the
hardware is a PowerBook G3 model 406, 333 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 4 GB HD Mac OS
Standard (HFS).
Presently we distribute about 600 copies of a mail of 250 kB every morning
and it's working just fine. We are working on a deal that probably will send
the numbers of recipients sky high.

What I need to know is how many addresses that can be received and processed
in one session by SIMS? If MacJordomo send it a mail of 250 kB to be
distributed to 30 000 recipients on not to many domains though, will SIMS
hold? Is there something on my system that needs to be adjusted? Is my
system up to the task?

And lastly to insure you, this is in no way a spaming activity.

Thank you

Patrik W. Wersäll
--
e-post: patrik.wersall@telia.com