From: Patrick C. Dalton <patrickcdalton@kc.rr.com>
Subject: Need Help With Error Code -377
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:44:49 -0700
To: <sims>
I just installed 1.8b8 to upgrade from 1.8b7.
I am using a g3 Blue/White server.
I cannot get the SMTP services to work.
When the SIMS server is started I get this message:
"Stalker Internet Mail Server Panic"
Cannot configure the service "SMTP". Error Code = -377.

Can someone tell me how to get my SMTP
server running again properly?

Also, I have noticed a few threads about
SIMS servers running well for extended periods
of time. Sometimes longer than a year with no issues - - Like
bulletproof. This one has been bulletproof for 2 years almost.
(It has been rebooted) but never a system crash or mail problem.

On Monday, I rebooted the server & rebuilt the "Apple" desktop
and the machine is totally unstable now.
So, I updated the software to 1.8b8 and it will not run the
SMTP module at all.. Please help............

Patrick C. Dalton
patrickcdalton@kc.rr.com