From: Chris Wagner <ismgr@atchisonkansas.net>
Subject: Form Mailers
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:36:40 -0700
To: <sims>
Form Mailers I have a form setup on our website  to grab form input and mail it to one of
our mailboxes.

I have the script setup like this:

<form name="form" method="post"
action="mailto:visitorinfo@atchisonkansas.net?SUBJECT=Visitor Information
Request" enctype="text/plain" onSubmit="document.form.action;return true;">

It worked before when I ran an older version of EIMS,  before switching to
SIMS.

I would really like to run a form mail if possible, but I'm not running
WebStar, and know little to nothing about CGI.

Can I run a CGI script on a mac that is running web sharing via the MacPerl
interpretor, or do I have to have WebStar or another web server?

I guess I'm kind of unsure as to how to approach this, since I understand
that the cgi on the pc side is a script.

When I looked at MacPerl, I noticed that the scripts can be saved in a
couple of different formats - run-time and something else.

I guess that's where I'm totally lost.

I really don't want to have to use this form mail type that I am using, and
at the moment, SIMS is giving me an addressing error when I try to submit
input to the mail server with it.

Does anyone happen to be running any form mailers via CGI with SIMS?

If so, could you possibly point me to a good source for a script?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Wagner
ismgr@atchisonkansas.net