From: The Count of CipherSpace <CountZeroI@CipherSpace.org.in>
Subject: Re: How large an envelope can SIMS handle
Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 10:50:34 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Neil Herber at 2002-05-06 08:50 from nospam@mail.eton.ca wrote:

>I am not convinced that you will need to change anything. SIMS can
>probably handle the load you propose. Your limitations will probably
>be Macjordomo (don't know its capabilities) and your connection to
>the net.

I would agree.  Assuming your connection to the 'Net is fat enough, SIMS
should be just fine on your hardware.  Macjordomo might not handle a
single list of 10,000 (been a while since I used Macjordomo) you can work
around this by having more than one list - shouldn't be problem for you
since it is only an announcement list (you'll just have to post to
multiple lists - can be done in a single email).  Remember to take the
advise to sort the addresses by domain.