From: The Count of CipherSpace <CountZeroI@CipherSpace.org.in>
Subject: Re: 1.7 vs. 1.8b8 vs. 1.8b9d14?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 12:20:35 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>, Troy Davis <troy@slipstream.com>
Troy Davis at 2002-05-23 11:26 from troy@slipstream.com wrote:

>I'm thinking about
>finally catching up with the Joneses and going to a 1.8 beta. But
>here's my question: Should I anticipate any stability issues or other
>forms of downtime/dysfunction?
>
>Also, is there any advantage to using 1.8b9d14 over 1.8b8? I imagine
>1.8b8 is more likely to be stable, but is that indeed the case?

Recommend latest developmental version of 1.8beta.  Rock solid.  SIMS'
developmental betas are more stable than most commercial final release
versions from other companies;  especially, from the "more popular" ones
- one particular vendor comes to mind.  ;-)

You'll have to specifically request Stalker to email it to you - not
available from FTP site (Stalker while you are at it, please, email me
the latest, too).

And, since I'm taking up bandwidth:  THANK YOU, Stalker (and, all the
excellent developers there).